Click Here to view this article as a PDF.
Author: Kristenson, Joel
Last Updated: 2018-06-28
This article is for political customers (campaigns, PACs and political parties). It goes through the steps to record a ‘transfer in’ contribution from a Joint Fundraising Committee, and how to record the individual contributor’s gifts that make up the transfer in.
Tip: Click here to read the FEC’s article on joint fundraising transfers.
1) Create a new Committee record by following Application Menu > System Manager > Lists > Committee > Click [+ New].
2) Enter the name, address, and contact details. Under the Disclosure tab set the committee type, and the office sought. Click [Save and Close] once you’re finished.
3) Create the ‘Transferer’ by following Application Menu > Financial > Receipts > Transferers > Click [+ New]
4) Fill in the information for the Transferer record, and then click [Save]. Keeping the record open, click [New] to begin adding the transfer-in (gift) record.
5) Fill in the transfer in gift information. Select the appropriate transfer from type from the drop-down, and then click [Save and Close]. Note: the ‘Committee Solely Supporting Same Candidate” option will only apply for a committee/org that is dedicated to your candidate.
Note: After recording transfer in records you can view them in Transfers In list:
6) Navigate to the Voters list. Search for and open the record of the first donor. In this example I used my own record.
7) Navigate to the Financial tab and click [+ New] to begin recording the individual ‘transfer in’ contribution(s). These donations will make up the JFC Transfer In (created in the previous steps).
8) Enter the contribution data (amount/date/batch code/etc.). Set the contribution ‘type’ as Transfer In, select the Transferer from the drop-down menu (created in the previous steps), and [Save and Close].
9) Repeat these steps until all of the individual gifts have been entered. These individual contributions will make up the entire transfer in amount ($20,000 in this example).
10) When recording your deposit in the future, the transfer in contributions will display under the Transfer In tab.