The Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Secretary of the U.S. Senate released the LD-203 Contribution Reporting system, effective June 30, 2008.
Although Trail Blazer does not directly submit your lobbying disclosure report, you can use Trail Blazer to generate an Excel that can be manipulated and uploaded.
This article assumes prior working knowledge of Trail Blazer and Excel.
Column B is blank by design and should contain no data.
• Enter each of your contributions in column C – H using the following criteria:
• Enter one of the following contribution types in column C, titled type:
• Honorary Expenses
• Meeting Expenses
• Presidential Library Expenses
• Enter the appropriate PAC name in column D, titled contributorName. PAC names entered in
column D must also be listed once in column A or the import tool will fail to validate it;
• Enter the appropriate Payee name(s) in column E, titled payeeName. Separate multiple Payees
with a comma. (80 character limit);
• Enter the appropriate Honoree(s) in column F, titled recipientName. Separate multiple Honorees
with a comma. (200 character limit);
• Enter the dollar amount for the contribution in column G, titled amount. Do not enter a leading
$ You do not need to enter the decimal point for whole dollar amounts but you may do so to
• Enter the contribution date in MM/DD/YYYY format. (include slashes /) in column H, titled date;
• Repeat these steps to enter each of your contributions.